Here are links to quality resources that Dr. Sethre has reviewed, and recommends:
- The American Cancer Society has a prostate cancer webpage with many resources.
- From the American Cancer Society, “Life After Treatment,” a downloadable booklet with cancer “survivorship” tips and guidelines.
- Ken Pope, PhD, is a highly-regarded psychologist who has had his own challenges with prostate cancer. He has a page on his website, “12 Useful Steps if Your Are Diagnosed with Cancer.”
- Ken also has a page on his website with information about books, articles and medical treatment studies, all for prostate cancer, “Prostate Cancer Treatment Research and Sources of Support.” The info is not all totally current, but he curates his info very carefully.
- Ken also provides a list of 43 studies that support the benefits of exercise for coping with cancer.
- Here is a list of 8 “do-able” coping activities to help with mow mood and to increase happiness- based on research, worth a try!